Peter Meter

New post in the works, in the process of reworking this thing.
Petro

Friday, January 11, 2008

Nobody told me they speak Spanish down here!

Greetings to all,
They let me in! I am happy to say that after a day and a half of traveling I arrived in Buenos Aires, Argentina. Life is good down here thus far. We are in the summer months so the weather is hot, similar to that of a an August day in Kansas City. BA is huge, 13 million people reside here over 1/3 of Argentina´s population. We arrived at 4:30 am (BA time/4 hours ahead of central time) weiry from a long travel and immeditley sought out shelter. We stayed at a downtown hostel where I tired staying awake through the day to get right with the schedule; my sanity was in question by late afternoon.

Onward, today spirits are high I slept a good 15 hours and we have found more permanent accomatdations (When I say more permanent I mean for the week). We have rented a bedroom in the Monseratt district in downtown BA. Rents cheap about $7.00/day and the place has a blow up pool like my main man Ol´Boys so you know I´m happy. Thge place is hilarious, somewhat reminds me of what I invision Mark Paul´s (Chilsnick) dream place to be. Comfortable seating everywhere, open kitchen, outdoor bathrooms, large loft like feel and people from all walks of life are encouraged to join in on the fun.

The one thing your boy Petro be struggling with is the obvious language barrier. My first response when asked a question usaully is to look completly dumbfounded, then I immedietly star speaking in my native tounge. However, the system does seemsbe working so far. We are getting ready to take an intensive language program, so we got that going for us.

Chow Petro

PS I think all old monitors and keyboards are sent down south

2 comments:

Regan said...

Can you parlay those Spanish classes into college credit?

If you are the first to sift through a new pile of keyboards and monitors, look for the micro-components that contain traces of gold. Avoid the lead and mercury --some say these will make you crazy; but this may be a rumor, because they could be the most valuable.

Aunt Vic said...

Pete you always make me laugh...I am worried as I sent Em and Jack Attack via first class postage as I thought they would arrive before you finally got wise to the "pay to work" scheme! Rats now I owe Juan big $$$ as well as I was sure that the bush on your head had caused some serious heat related brain malfunction.