Peter Meter

New post in the works, in the process of reworking this thing.
Petro

Sunday, January 20, 2008

Bustin out of Bueno

Well the time has come for us to make the next move on this journey. While I will always have a special place for Buenos Aires in my heart I am ready to find more of an adventure. Not to say that there was a lack of exciting times in BA. Like the time I was bitten by a dog, having my toe broken by a big girl on a barstool or the spider bite on my shoulder that I am currently wondering if I should have checked out. I will miss the people too, like the German guy in our hostel who came down with Dengue fever (I was somewhat glad for this because it forced him to go to the the hospital, he smelled and I was scared of him). I am only half kidding when I put BA in a bad light. I would suggest this city as a must see when traveling to South America. The culture and sites are fascinating, the people are all to friendly, the food and wine are great (Some of the best steaks I have ever had) and it is incredibly cheap for a major metropolis.
Next stop, Bariloche! Bariloche is a popular destination for backpackers because it is a launching point to travel the Patagonia region. We will leave BA tomorow via a 20+ hour bus ride and arrive sometime the next day. There I hope to hike and camp in the surrounding national parks. Also while we are there I would like to go white water kayaking and if we can manage rent dirt bikes and explore Patagonia in the style of Che Guevara. We will continue to look to get work on some type of equestrian ranch as this would be the area to find such work. The idea behind doing this would be to fully immerse ourselves in the language as our Spanish is still lacking and thereby crippling our freedom outside of the tourist areas. I will update you when I start to get a clue as to what life has instore for me once there.
Lastly, I awoke the other night to find Brian halfway under my bed fully immersed in another night terror episode. I am still waiting for the person responsible for this to come forward. I will continue to bring him back from the dark areas that his mind allows him to go but I wan~t some answers!

Your Chico Pietro

ps I am in the process of trying to get pictures uploaded into a slide show format on this site but it has been difficult for me to figure this out as I am not the computer guru that you wish I were. I have no idea what the current slide show pictures are.

6 comments:

Jake S said...

Pete, I.m glad to see you guys are moving on, no reason to get bogged down in one town. What are you hoping to find in Patagoina? Do you think it might be a little sparse, kind of like western Kansas? You probably know by now, the Patriots and Giants are going to be in the Super Bowl. Thanks for the update, I always enjoy them. Dad

the mask said...

hey super pietro!!

guess who I saw the other day? Your ol' pal Jorge. He said things are much different at his new home. The food isn't as fun and he is outside a lot more....which, I don't need to tell you, he ain't pleased about. Super fun rock and dash give you their best. They are very confused about the skinny minnie STK.

No news from Damaskus. well, katz seems to be happier and your bedroom makes a great office. no sign from Bert yet either.

The camp-out was a success. I think we literally burnt about 3 cords of wood. Boom Boom told Kenny he was "full of S" then tried to sell him on an epoxy job in the Johns (Boomer, marcos, and sweetims slept in the heated bathrooms on the second night by the way).

we still can't find ol' boy.

Sweetums said...

Hi petro. Still no word on Ole' bubbs. We think he took the van north to pick up Randy.

I hope this note find you super fun and with hair twice as long!

-Sweetums

macmarshall said...

Petro,
Que pasa amigo?
Just returned from Huatulco and it was muy, muy bien...Muchas Gracias Deborah and Snake!
That was a close call in BA...you almost had a (gulp) JOB...YIKES!
Corporations Anesthetize,
Paycheck Tranquilize,
Find a hole in the fence and run like hell!!!
Uncle Juan

Unknown said...

petro,

what has happened to the peter and brian friendship meter? i was hoping we may see some major action by now but it seems as though things are going well, all to well, maybe even eerily well. What all are you guys doing down there to make things go so WELL?

Chewkie

Anonymous said...

tell us more about these steaks already!

sincerely,
LOME